Warm Winter Kitchen Decor x

Good Morning! Kalimera :) I'm up very early today and ready to share some Cypriot glory! 
Inspirations from the island of love, the people I love! And today's inspiration comes from the woman who has inspired me most and brought me up to be who I am today... my mother Sophie! Friends and family know my dear mum who loves her herb garden and generally everything about gardening! Today I will feature a special Cypriot product all the way from mommy's garden, the long thin RED HOT PEPPER :) beware though, as innocent as it looks, this beauty can bite! They are hot & not for the weak taste buds!
Here is a simple way of how I made this wonderful deco for my kitchen wall:
1) cut and wash all chilies
2) place them on a tray in the sun for about a day (till they dry a bit)
3) take a thin sewing needle and a long piece of twine (not thick so as not to break the pepper) and prick each pepper on the top brown part near stem and sew through them
4) when you have sewn through them all and reached the last one, you can tie a knot then a small loop to hang or attach a jump ring of your liking :) - I just made a loop and hung them on a small nail that was already on the wall - a small space I wanted to fill x
- Also, you can cut the tips and just pop them into a veggie soup or stew, simply delish for those cold winter nights!!

(warning / tip: its a good idea to wear gloves while doing this if the chilies are very hot)



Here is a closer look at how I sewed the peppers through:

 

and there you go "Oriste" as we say :) enjoy your Kitchen Deco made in Cyprus with love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tis the Season to be Jolly with Rhinestone Rings!

This is so exciting! (this post has been updated)

E-Book lovers ♥